Posted on: 24 June 2020 Posted by: admin Comments: 0
Casein protein

If you are a fitness enthusiast or an athlete who likes to actively eat clean calories and train really hard, then you  must be knowing how important a protein supplement is for your body and fitness. These supplements help in speeding up the results and thus you get  to achieve your dream physique within a short span.

Most of us usually consume whey protein supplements, but do you know that is not the only type of  beneficial protein. You can also opt for casein supplements, which provides some serious benefits too. And when both the whey and casein are combined together, they help in  maximizing your results. 

What is Casein?

Cow’s milk comprises 80%  casein and the rest 20% is whey protein. Casein is a slow-digesting protein that provides various health benefits for bodybuilding and fitness enthusiasts. Casein protein releases amino acids slowly,  which help in speeding up the recovery of your muscles and also reduce muscle breakdown. Casein supplements contain protein and various other unique bioactive compounds. Any dairy product that you consume usually contains both casein and whey together. However, you can also buy them separately.

Types of casein protein:

  1. Micellar casein

Micellar casein closely resembles casein’s chemical structure found in milk. Casein proteins usually group together in the form of tiny balls known as micelles. These micelles allow casein to clot inside your stomach during the digestion process. This, in turn,  slows down the absorption process. It is the most popular form of casein protein and it forms a slow digesting supplement, which is usually consumed during the night. 

  1. Casein Hydrolysate

Casein hydrolysate is a type of protein that is partially broken down to allow quicker digestion  and absorption. This form of casein protein powder supplement is predigested and rapidly absorbed by the body. 

Nutrient provided to the body in one scoop of casein protein:

Usually, one scoop of casein supplement or about 33-gram provides about 24 grams of protein, 3 grams of carbohydrates and 1 gram of fat. These supplements also contain various other micronutrients especially calcium which helps in maintaining healthier and stronger bones. Some of the best casein protein supplements brands that you can consider buying are MuscleBlaze, ON, Myprotein, Dymatize, Nutrition Planet and Ultimate Nutrition. Also, these supplements come in a variety of tasty flavours so you do not have to compromise on taste anymore.

What are the benefits of casein supplements?

Let’s talk about some of the benefits of consuming casein powder supplements:

  • Casein supplements are known to help in improving performance.
  • Casein protein supplements help our muscles to synthesize protein and along with that it also provides complete nourishment to the muscles. Once consumed, casein protein is retained in the body for about 7 hours, keeping your body in an anti-catabolic state.  
  • Casein protein supplement provides essential amino acids in the right amount required by the body, which helps in boosting the muscle growth and also helps in preventing muscle loss and aids in rapid muscle recovery. 
  • These supplements also improve your stamina, boost immunity and reduce the chances of free radical damage. 

These are just a few benefits of using casein supplements, there are a lot more like weight management, stretching of muscles and more. Let us know if you want to know about any other supplements or casein protein, we will be happy to help you.

Leave a Comment